Détails de l'offre
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 71 countries, with 200 000 Employees – including more than 150 000 in Europe and 6 000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its businesses, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients -- individuals, entrepreneurs, SMEs, large corporates, institutional investors and community organisations -- with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services for retail banking and specialised financial services, and Corporate & Institutional Banking for corporate and institutional clients.
Within Group BNP Paribas Finance Function, Europe, Middle East &Africa (EMEA) Finance is the department that measures, controls and explains the financial reporting of the Region’s entities, covering a large part of BNP Paribas Business Lines. EMEA Finance is a cross-border organization with teams operating in Paris, Madrid and Lisbon on behalf of the different countries of the Region.
In the EMEA Finance organization, the Subject Matter Streams - Capital Markets Products (SMS-CMP) department ensure an accurate, reliable and comprehensive set of segmented financial data required for the production of all Reporting streams in relation with Capital Markets Business Lines.
Within the SMS CMP team, the Financial Analyst position covers the below assignments:
- Contribute to the monitoring of Capital Market Businesses controlling the reconciliation of the accounting and economical P&L followed by the Front and Middle Offices. Main financial instruments in scope are Derivatives, Forex, Bonds, Issuer bonds, Equities, Commodities
- Perform in-depth quantitative and qualitative analysis of the breaks identified
- Challenge P&L figures recognized by the business so that to ensure the reliability of economical and accounting data related to Capital Markets activities
- Contribute to the BNP Paribas Group Financial statements and Regulatory Reporting
- Provide assistance in responding to questions from the external auditors, Operations (Middle Offices and Back offices), Front Offices, IT and other support groups
- Make suggestions to improve operational processes, control framework and team’s efficiency
- Experience in Finance within the Banking sector (Financial Accounting, Reporting, Business/financial analysis), including audit and consultancy firms
- Experience of working in an international environment appreciated
- Financial and Management Accounting knowledge
- Capital Market activities knowledge
- Financial instruments
- Working knowledge and understanding of generally accepted accounting principles, both in IFRS and French GAAP (an asset)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Business Objects
- Fluent in English (minimum B2 Level). Knowledge of French is a plus
- Effective analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Self-starter and team player, able to work independently and collaboratively with various teams in a deadline-focused environment
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.